Hamon Research-Cottrell is part of the worldwide Hamon Group and is a major provider of air pollution control technology solutions for utilities, refineries and other industries and serves the North American market from its main office in Somerville, NJ.
The company traces its history to Dr. Frederick Gardner Cottrell's (1877-1948) invention of the first industrial electrostatic precipitator in 1907. To support scientific research, Dr. Cottrell co-founded the non-profit Research Corporation in 1912, deriving revenue from sales of this marvelous device. Forty years later, Research Corporation gave rise to Research-Cottrell; the name and certain assets (but not the liabilities) of which were acquired by the Hamon Group in 1997.
Hamon Research-Cottrell provides innovative clean air technologies to a wide array of industries including power generation, pulp & paper, petrochemical, chemical, glass, cement, steel, food, and pharmaceutical. Hamon Research-Cottrell is a worldwide leading supplier of:
- Electrostatic Precipitators
- Fabric Filters
- ReACT™, a proven multi-pollutant control technology especially suited to 21st century needs
- Dry and Wet Flue Gas Desulfurization Systems
- DeNOx Systems (Selective Non-Catalytic Reduction - SNCR)
- Urea to Ammonia (U2A®) Systems
- Solar HTF-SSGS, high temperature fluid, steam generation systems for solar thermal power plants
Our clients face challenges of process changes, the demands of new regulations including, equipment upkeep. Hamon Research-Cottrell provides technology solutions and project services that include new and retrofit equipment engineering and fabrication, parts and aftermarket support, field services, trouble-shooting, fluid dynamics and specialty consulting.