Construction Site Engineer
Augusta, GA, US
We are currently seeking a Site Engineer for a project located in the Augusta, Georgia area to supervise and coordinate all field construction activities required to execute a large power construction project, and to implement and monitor the quality assurance program to achieve the defined plan criteria.
- Direct support of site management on the project for engineering and construction in the field for a large power plant structure
- Ensure that the work is performed according to most current project drawings and specifications
- Oversee construction of form-work, rebar placements, and concrete placements for power plant structures.
- Communicate engineering issues to appropriate management figures and propose engineered corrective action.
- Make clarifications to drawings to assist in the construction process
- Conduct field inspections, acceptance, and/or rejection of work for concrete and rebar placements in compliance with applicable codes and specification
- Immediately resolve quality control issues with the work crews in the field
- Perform receipt inspection of materials and rebar for work
- Maintain As-Built documentation and records
- Prepare daily reports required by the quality assurance plan noting inspections and test performed, and identifying current and anticipated issues.
- Support and maintain client relationships and communicate with clients Quality Assurance/Site Engineering staff and associated personnel
- Perform additional construction management and coordination activities as directed
- Assist safety management by identifying hazards and corrective actions
- B.S. or Associated Degree in Engineering or Construction Management preferred, or equivalent practical experience/education.
- Previous construction experience on large power plant construction projects a plus.
- Strong similar technical background with at least 10 years of construction experience.
- Knowledge of standards of the American Concrete Institute (ACI) and American Welding Society preferred.
- Ability to determine compliance of workmanship, materials, equipment, and installed work with specification and drawing requirements.
- Good interpersonal, verbal, and written communications.
- Self-motivated with excellent organization and time management skills
- Must be a team player
- Planning and organizing
- Customer focus
- Able to work with minimal supervision
- Good analytical skills
- Capable of working under time constraints
- Strong computer skills